Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Classroom shame, Midwest Mothra, Tecumseh Animal Spirits dreams

Dream diary update. My dreams lately have been quite strong and memorable. However I awaken from them so energized I'm recording them tonight as sort of an afterthought. Early Sunday morning I had a typical University classroom dream. I was back taking Introduction to Linear Algebra from the Australian prof who hated me. I suppose I only took it from him cuz at least he didn't practice curving downwards. Considering significant money and domestic problems as well as poor drinking habits that summer I thought I was doing rather well. Nevertheless I learned to dread his office hour which I camped out for daily. In my dream I was in his classroom again being made an example of to the other students who invariably whispered answers & other secrets with each other but not with me. I wore the dunce cap for only a short time in my dream which surprised me, usually this particular nightmare is more unpleasant. However at one point in the dream lectures he compared my intelligence unfavorably with Great Apes. I suppose when I am drinking I really am more baboon-like than bonobo-like as most humans usually are. That's why I'm on the wagon. Anyway near the end of the dream the class turned into group projects. As usual with group projects I was excluded by other team members. So Professor Aussie Asshole assigned me textbook exercises and I found my text pages sandwiched in cat shit. Still I awoke thinking about wild math theories and Fibonacci series so I felt rather good after this nightmare.
   Monday morning I had a dream about being leader in a telepathic collective that spanned several Midwestern states including Kentucky and Tennessee. Near the end of this dream I became a giant God-monster like in a Jap monster movie similar to Godzilla or Mothra. I met the tiny twins who normally speak for Mothra in my God-shape, which was something between a big Minotaur and a giant bear. They assured me that they would bring my messages to my former followers in the Midwestern tribal collective. As I towered above the Midwest like a hybrid of Paul Bunyon & Babe I felt the dawning sun rise hit my brow and move down my great form as my world stirred beneath as I awoke.
   This morning (Tuesday) I had a dream about animal spirits. In my dream I was a regular member of the Illinois Confederation from the Peoria tribe (aka 'Backpack-carriers', which I used to constantly wear as an accessory in waking life.) The dream was a bit like the hybrid literature dreams I used to have as a kid, in this case of The Wind in the Willows and Leatherstocking Tales. I lived alone as a bachelor south of here near the Ohio River, Cave-In-Rock country. I had many friends, all animal spirits, wearing the physical form of humans like in The Wind in the Willows. Throughout the dream I could feel tribal revolts and uprisings with plagues and other human struggles for the tribes as French and Americans colonized and drove away spirits from the frontier country. My animal spirit friends were protected by the river enclave and by being near Ley lines related to Cave-In-Rock. Throughout the dream I could hear the name "Tecumseh" echo repeatedly in conjunction with power and conflicts. I attribute this dream artifact to mom making a poster board this weekend on the breakfast table featuring Tecumseh and other human characters for her church, supposedly to signify a 'retreat of over-consumption.' Anyway in my dream I could feel the heat of human fires intruding and the eventual shrinking of our domain as more and more travelers stumbled through our little idyll. Eventually I myself became one of the animal spirits, a well-dressed Wolf gentleman, and disappeared from the world of Men into Spirit-country with my friends. When I finished my canoe voyage I greeted my relieved spirit friends and looked around, blinked my Wolf eyes and awoke. I had left the TV on upstairs set to PBS while I sat in the recliner listening to see that wild animals didn't pester the kittens outside for food. Nature was playing the end of In the Valley of the Wolves which might explain why my chosen spirit form was a wolf.

1 comment:

  1. To ensure that my "baboon versus bonobo" drunk behavior analogy for dream #1 isn't misinterpreted, I looked for another article using the same comparison (sober.)
    http://lauragraceweldon.com/2011/05/25/are-you-a-baboon-or-a-bonobo/

    ReplyDelete