Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hiroshima girl, Wonderous carousel, Phoenicia leader, vampire, special forces operative, architecture dreams

Dream diary update. Once again I'm dragging my butt on keeping up with the dream diary. On Tuesday morning I woke up early around 3 AM on the couch after having a dream about a small Japanese girl 3-6 years old. I don't remember everything but from what I remember she was a lonely dead girl from Hiroshima who wanted to be friends. The middle of the dream had lots of flyovers and fly-throughs in between many mushroom clouds. I'm unsure what prompted this dream but I think part of it was watching reports of stalled US-N Korea negotiations scroll by on my twitter feed from @globalzero Something else jingoistic was said last weekend by Rick Perry which may also have triggered it. It reminded me of the lost girl subplot from the old anime OAV Demon City Shinjuku and no doubt was partially inspired by it.

Wednesday the cold snap slowly rolled in with some rains. I slept most of the day away and had a dream about the wonder of a beautiful child playing games with friends & looking at exquisite 19th century toys near Christmas time including a golden-detailed carousel.

On Thursday I dreamed about being a great merchant leader in the Phoenician civilization which also happens to be the first culture we covered in 6th grade Social Studies.

Friday night I dreamed I was a vampire again even though I made a point of skipping the Vampire Diaries on the CW. I've been watching Vampire Diaries for a month to make a point of skipping Donnybrook on KETC/St Louis PBS for hosting Tea Party folks & old anti-gay activist Phyllis Schlafly. Predictably for me watching Diaries leads to lots of vampire dreams, but listening to Schlafly leads to old brain-eating ghoul dreams so I consider them both a toss-up.

Friday night I dreamed all night about special forces active military actions in Libya which are now drawing down. Its easier to let myself dream about them now that the Libya conflict is in the past. Just before waking up at 3 am I also dreamed about being the architect building a Megalopolis that would never finish

No comments:

Post a Comment