Friday, February 3, 2012

Cat landscapes, demon dismemberment, Frida Kahlo, cleaning lady dreams

Dream diary update. My sleep has been much more interrupted lately, mostly cuz I've been going on regular walks with the nephews and some fasts..I've been falling asleep around 9:30 pm and waking up before 2 am with insomnia until mid-morning. I typically forget my dreams immediately upon awakening or else I'm trying to get back to sleep so I ignore the dreams. Dreaming under insomnia conditions is less engaged and more about what passes in front of my nose, that is more sensory.
   Last week I had lots of dreams about being alone outside with the 3 cats. Occasionally the when I looked again at them the 3 cats would become beloved cats who have passed away. The landscapes were often beautiful. Lakeside with the Northern lights above, for instance. In the grottoes of the Grand Canyon. Playing on the stage of the Naumberg Bandshell of the NY Philharmonic in Central Park. Frolicking on the stage of the Waldbühne (forest theater) of the Berlin Philharmonic. Running through the Forbidden City in China or across the feet of the Statue of Liberty. The odd thing about these dreams is that we wouldn't see another living soul. I know its impossible to be alone in Central Park, for example. So that dream felt very strange.

   This weekend I had lots of demon dreams. I would chop them up mechanically for challenging me in my usual role as arch-demon or magi. Still, it was strange how little emotional engagement I took in the slaughter.of these demons. I still remember looking closely at one of their dismembered hands with emotional detachment. It clutched with frustrated impotence at my face as I awoke.

A lot of these demon dreams were initiated in the last week after Fox would replay the movie "Frida" with its surreal sequences. I would pass out watching one of these sequences and 'boom' demon dream.

   About 2 hours ago I had a sex dream. It was another dystopian future where privacy was a thing of the past. We had to bunk with a lot of cleaning maids during our 'private' sexual encounters. I was distinctly unenthused about performing with an audience. Since we were having an affair on other partners, we couldn't afford to get choosy. The cleaning ladies and other service workers didn't seem to understand that I didn't want the running commentary on my prowess during our lovemaking. One or two maids found it charming that I wanted an old fashioned romance since such encounters were a thing of the past for them.

I realized after awakening that my dream lover was a body double for Sofia Vergara. TMZ had tracked her down to a bar in leather hot pants. I looked at her curves and said to myself, "Yep. That's my dream lover." Wishful thinking, or Power of suggestion?

No comments:

Post a Comment