Saturday, February 19, 2011

Any Human Heart, Sad Memories of Lost Love dream

Dream diary update. Since the nice weather broke I haven't been keeping up with the dream diary. Its too easy to go outside and look at the moon and stars instead with the cats. About an hour ago I had a sad dream about being in love under duress.when I woke up Masterpiece Classic/PBS was playing "Any Human Heart-pt 1" about the same subject. I realized immediately that I've been falling asleep every night this week trying to watch Charlie Rose and waking up to the lover separation part of Any Human Heart. Somehow it became part of my dream with me as the protagonist and my lover dying. Its not typical for me to dream about being a protagonist since in my dreams I usually see myself as a sort of Byronic antihero. It appears to have awakened some sad memories that I prefer to keep safely buried.

When amatory poets sing their loves
In liquid lines mellifluously bland,
And pair their rhymes as Venus yokes her doves,
They little think what mischief is in hand.
The greater their success the worse it proves,
As Ovid's verse may give to understand.
Even Petrarch's self, if judged with due severity,
Is the Platonic pimp of all posterity.

Lord Byron, Don Juan, Canto 5

No comments:

Post a Comment