Monday, October 3, 2011

Mechanical world, animal expressions, firey death dreams

   Dream diary update. Thursday during a nap I had a dream about building a mechanical society of androids to do all the work. Since this dream was mostly full of vivid blueprints and designs, I'd say its half-and-half one of my recurring University academics dreams and a dystopian dream about structural unemployment caused by Automation.

   Friday morning I had a dream where there were no animals in the world, not even cats. Instead I would be talking to folks and their faces would occasionally blur and twist up into an animal expression. When this would happen to me or them everyone would look uncomfortable & confused & they tried to ignore it. I woke up glad that my cats were still here purring in bed and following me around. I'd say this dream was partly inspired from watching the deathmatch pit scene from the Jonah Hex film Thursday on our fuzzy-static HBO-leak signal which briefly cleared up long enough to watch the fighter Snake Venom in action. Snake Venom had a computer-animated face that was similar to the animal expressions in my dream.

   Saturday morning we had our first patchy frost outside. The cats were all curled up here with me. I had a dream where everything was on fire including me in a vast desert. When I awoke I felt uncomfortable like I had to move the cats off and get up right away. We had our family reunion at the boathouse later that morning. I'd say this dream was another death dream about my own demise combined with a twist about turning my anticipation of the frost outside into fire imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment