Monday, December 27, 2010

Central Park ice skating, dream family, Infomercial mafia

Dream diary update. I had a nice dream today after falling asleep with Fluffy on top of me while watching ice skating reruns on NBC. My dream was all about a fictional family and friends and ice skating with them in New York's Central Park. My sister and her kids were there skating and so was Fluffy and they were all happy healthy humans instead of 3 fat disabled folks and an old cat.

 
Now I just had another existential nightmare. I fell asleep tonight watching cult movies and an old 1950s Etiquette short on RTV/Off Beat Cinema. The feature film on Off Beat Cinema was The Magic Sword (1962) again, which gets rerun way too often.



I was unsuccessful in looking up the social manners/Etiquette short on youtube. I found lots of dopey manners vids instead that mean nothing to me. My etiquette has always been polite and cold with most people even as I restrain my natural impulses to tell them how stupid most of their ideas are.


Since I fell asleep with my TV on RTV, I got a ton of infomercials in my sleep. Hence my existential nightmare tonight involved the pyramid marketing fraud about "Making money on credit flows." Only in my dream I was trapped in a mafia town that eats up foreigners by making them give up their credit information to speculate on the local pizzeria. I tried to escape by wandering around the streets but the entire town was under their control and they had me followed with lookouts. The pizzeria was staffed with fat lazy people of varying ethnicities who all looked like they were pretending to work hard. Sort of like the conservative Republican idea of what most unions are like. The scam would be over once they got all your personal information and maxed out all your credit to run the small business at a staggering loss for a few days. The guy in front of me had no idea he was being scammed out of his capitalist consumer credit. He told me to wish him luck as the lazy people started making thousands of pizzas on his dime. It was my turn to type in my info in the credit pad or else fight them all. I tensed up with my decision as I awoke. Ordinarily in my dream I would have just prepared to kill them all, but this time I was going to simply refuse and let them kill me or beat the extortion money out of me. I must be getting soft-headed. I don't usually choose the Gandhi objection option in the face of savage capitalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment