Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Beckett, Monday night football, Victorian mansion,murder mystery dreams

Dream diary update. My 2 dreams Monday night were a cross between a Samuel Beckett play and Monday night football.
I dreamed last night about fighting alone with 2 other characters in the dark all night. One dream felt like just a continuation of the other one. Since I'm a Beckett fan and my favorite works of his are Krapp's Last Tape and Waiting for Godot, I felt the connection but I was so saddened by all the fighting in my dreams I didn't write about it until now. In both dreams minutes felt like hours. I've experienced this acute telescoping time feeling before, but not in my waking life for many years now.
A half hour ago I had a dream about servants in a great Victorian mansion. In my dream there was a double murder mystery that I solved. When I awoke Downtown Abbey was playing on Masterpiece Classics since I had left the TV on PBS/KETC. I realized immediately that I had incorporated most of the dialogues for background noises in my dream as I investigated servant's corridors and kitchen from my dream mansion. I believe the victims were the dream characters I had fought to a draw Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment