Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Walkabout, indy horror films, Japanese baths dream

Dream diary update. I had a dream yesterday that was mostly just about being alone around an old house. A half hour ago I had another one. I dreamed that I kept walking up the interstate 30 miles to Wren Lake and wandering near the area around the college. In real life I used to walkabout that far and farther before Climate Change made the weather out there hell. Anyway in my dream there was nobody there so it was more like a spooky rest stop than a college. Reminded me of how I felt when I watched the Aussie indy mystery film Picnic at Hanging Rock.


I kept expecting some soul-sucking spirit to arrive like the villain in Bruce Campbell's funny B-horror movie Bubba Ho-Tep. I watched Bubba Ho-Tep again on Veoh last weekend so in my dream I knew that it was fresh in my mind. Instead all that arrived there was a Japanese businessman around dusk who wanted to use the public baths and saunas. After he unlocked the doors I followed him inside and walked all over the college until I ran into him again in a towel around the locker rooms. I told him I just wanted to use the showers and he seemed to accept that explanation so no there were dream-fights. When I undressed and turned on the water I looked into the shower head stream like the infamous opening shot in the shower scene from Alfred Hitchcock's horror film Psycho as I awoke. Fluffy cat was keeping warm on top of me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment