Friday, December 3, 2010

Italian Job/Dirty Rotten Scoundrels recurring dream Purgatorio

Dream diary update. I fell asleep rocking my cat Fluffy. She was so insistent that she didn't let me off the hook for the last 5 hours. Like the last 4 nights I woke up in time to watch Charlie Rose on KETC/PBS, though I missed BBC World News before it tonight. I just had a recurring dream that was like a cross of The Italian Job and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Its been 6 years since I watched them together as a Michael Caine movie rental, but they made an impression on my recurring Purgatorio dreams. Since I read the Divine Comedy at the Vatican library, I've had recurring transformational dreams of what I think the real versions are like. My impression of Christian purgatory has been analogous to Mark Twain's attitude about their religion, i.e., where the villainous learn how to be good con artists. In the dream I kept breaking into a storefront to get the attention of a mob boss who was working there on planning a big heist. It turned out that the entire block was like a sort of purgatory for evil con men, with new ones dropping off all the time from different routes. I was constantly being expelled by the henchmen guards and figuring out new ways to get in. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted there, though I eventually won acceptance by claiming a desire to apprentice under the mob boss and by proving my own scoundrel abilities. The deadline for the big heist kept looming closer and I learned more and more until the scoundrels finally stopped arriving the day before it was scheduled. Instead of delivering scoundrel-souls the reaper began delivering their daughters to accuse them of abuse/neglect. Silvio Berlusconi's adult daughter made a big stink about his abandoning her that threatened to blow up half the store. Next David Letterman's daughter arrived to confront him about sexism and family neglect. The scoundrel mob store was emptied of residents that went out front to argue with their womenfolk. Finally I was alone with the mob boss and able to ask him a few questions about my inheritance hidden there in a Swiss account number. He laughed and told me that the numbers I wanted were on the table. They were typed in wax paper and covered in egg yolk. As I scratched off the egg yolk I was able to read the left one of the two numbers. Before I could read the right one I awoke. The left serial number was DH587394L I could make out that the right one had a G in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment